Sunday, July 7, 2013

We need to end the gangsta mentality in sports.


We need to end the gangsta mentality in sports.

I am not a sports junkie. Yes I do watch football, once in a while then when in the mood I watch golf and try to understand why someone would whack a ball all over a field just to knock it in a hole. Basketball is ok but I tend to get bored with that in about ten minutes. I use to love boxing but after Ali and Sugar Ray retired I stopped watching because boxing was never the same. I love paintball it is a rush and a heck of a lot of fun. I am not one to complain about the millions professional athletes get paid. Heck if an owner is willing to pay bank, you cannot blame the player for taking the money.

But as an outside observer of professional sports from afar, I can't help but notice how lax professional sports have become by not enforcing standards on team to include sports representation.  It seems and I know I am embellishing this a bit, more often than normal some pro will act real stupid and end up on the wrong side of the law. It is as if some idiots get a lot of money and think they can do anything they want! I think the owners of these teams need to talk about the value of respect in sports and start getting rid of players that act like a fool in public. We have lost the meaning of shame and embarrassment and in doing so excused a lot of stupid behavior.  This is a bad message to our youth and there is no excuse to let it continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment